Package Measurement with GTIN Management Standard Certificate Course
Accurate data is an essential component of a visible, secure, and sustainable supply chain. Industry studies have shown that two-thirds of product information shared between trading partners has data accuracy errors. By attending, you will receive information and guidance on interpreting and applying the GS1 Package Measurement Rules for both consumer and non-consumer trade items, which form the foundation for accuracy of physical dimensional data (i.e., weights and dimensions).
You'll also gain an understanding of the GTIN Management Standard, which forms the basis on whether or not a new GTIN needs to be assigned based on changes to an existing product, promotion, or new product introduction. An understanding of the rules is a "must have" for those that manage GTIN assignment to ensure that any scanned barcode can be associated with accurate, up to date, data.
This Course will Cover
- Consumer (End-User) Trade Items
- Non-Consumer Trade Items
- Applying GTIN Management Standard
- What's New with GTIN Management Standard
- Acquire a working knowledge of Package Measurement Rules and GTIN Management Standard. Learn how they can be applied to improve supply chain decision-making within an organization.
- Our experts will be available to answer your specific questions on using Package Measurement Rules, GTIN Management Standard and the GS1 System of Standards, and how their use can improve your supply chain.
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for anyone responsible for weights and dimensions or anyone needing to know about GTIN Assignment and Management for their organization. Typical attendees would include: new GS1 US members, staff responsible for weight and dimensions, supply chain staff and managers, warehouse and supply chain managers, personnel involved with Item Master maintenance, eCommerce and Packaging, and 3PL (Third Party Logistics) and transportation staff.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Check back for 2017 dates!